Please read our documentation at: http://galaxy-launcher.readthedocs.io/
What is galaxy-launcher?
galaxy-launcher is an ansible playbook directory containing all the roles to install the bgruening/docker-galaxy-stable image on a server running docker.
It also contains a installdocker role to install docker on a Ubuntu or CentOS server.
Using the docker-galaxy-stable image simplifies running a galaxy server. However the container must be set-up using the exact settings you want. Doing this from the command line is cumbersome, and using a script is not scalable.
galaxy-launcher uses the power of ansible to set up a galaxy instance using the docker-galaxy-stable image. It allows you to set all the necessary variables and start the galaxy instance with just two commands.
- Complete deployment of a galaxy instance with just two commands.
- Configuration in easy to understand yaml files.
- Use the example host files to quickly get started
- Use the cluster example host to get the image running on your cluster
- Install prerequisites including docker on a Ubuntu or CentOS server
- Automatic provisioning
- The galaxy docker container is restarted on reboot of the system
- Running the deployment script as a non-privileged user (root required for prerequisites script)
Issues can be reported to our github issue tracker. Please check our known issues page first.
galaxy-launcher is free software available under the MIT License (Expat License). Check the license chapter in our documentation for more details.